The region’s leading economic development organizations received anecdotal evidence that local employers were facing challenges hiring employees for Information Technology (IT) occupations. A quick review of national news sources indicated that this was a common problem throughout the country. To investigate further, Tampa Bay area organizations joined together to produce the Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis, to assess the extent of the challenges and to develop solutions to increase the IT talent pool.
Below are their findings:
- Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis - Project Overview
- Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis - Executive Summary
- Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis - Final Report
Since the study was released, relationships between the region's educators, businesses, and students have been strengthened, and new curricula have been developed to address gaps.
Below are the one and two year updates:
- Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis - 1 Year Implementation Efforts Year 1
- Tampa Bay IT Workforce Analysis - Implementation Efforts Year 2
A three-year follow up to an initial 2012 IT Workforce Analysis Survey was conducted in 2015 and responses were compared to the initial survey to assess any changes regarding the extent of challenges identified in the original survey.